30 November 2010

Photoshoot.

Thanksgiving at 21 bis.

Ruth et moi.
Family portrait.
Portrait # 2

"Thank you for all this wine"
Holiday drama
FUN.  Other things of note: I finally had my medical exam last week during which I was X-rayed in a van (traveling x-ray machine of some sort).  I passed!  So now I'm living here legally, thank goodness.  Also, I saw Harry Potter last weekend (in French, of course).  I forgot midway through that it was only the first half of the film, so I was expecting an ending. That was the fastest 2.5 hours of my life! And guess what. They sell kettle corn instead of salty popcorn. And the seats recline! And also, I understood most of the movie. 

Christmas is in full swing in Chauny.  State fair-esque stands are set up nightly selling barbe à papa (cotton candy, literally translated as father's beard).  I spotted one of those metal grabby hand machines that was filled with pairs of womens' underwear rather than stuffed animals.  Popular music blares on the street (although this is not a holiday special. It's all year round.) It's a good time.  Ruth and I went around on (a very cold) Saturday putting little slips of paper into cardboard boxes, hoping for a chance to win a bottle of champagne or a new watch or a 50 euro shopping spree at the grocery store. It's the Christmas Lotto!  I like Chauny more every day.

2 comments:

Aberdeen said...

Super cool! I like your second photo the best. Very nice :)

Aunt Mary said...

What a good looking trio you make!