12 March 2011

Fraises

Check out these Moroccan strawberries:


Relaxing on a bed of Greek yogurt. Please try this!

Yesterday morning I was invited to attend Chauny's very own Johnny Clegg concert. I happily accepted because what else do I have going on? Friday night in Chauny usually involves giggling and YouTube videos and maybe some €1,50 red wine mixed with lemon soda, so seeing the White Zulu in person sounded crazy-exciting. 

One of my students backed out last-minute so I got her ticket. I met some of the English classes and profs in front of the theater (Chauny's one and only) and we went in and got situated. I felt like a teen all over again. Lots of bêtises, lots of laughing, lots of hormones. FUN! The show was excellent. I expected the Chaunois to be a laid-back group of concert-goers, but I was wrong. By the end of the show everyone was standing up, dancing, cheering, and yelling "I love you Johnny!" 

Super sweet night. My students are so endearing and I loved spending time with them outside of school. Tonight there is a fête of some sort at the collège (junior high) so I'll be hanging with more students (though not my own). I hear there's going to be dancing. Nothing better than middle schoolers cuttin' a rug!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Those are some fantastic looking berries.